This Privacy Statement explains in general terms our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in relation to your use of our website.
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on our website. We may also issue specific privacy collection notices from time-to-time relating to particular products or services.
Collection of personal information
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on the circumstances of collection and the type of service you request from us. We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: when you interact with us electronically or in person; when you access our website; and when we provide our services to you.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Name, Gender, Date of Birth
- Phone / Fax number
- Email Address
- Information about the goods or services you have ordered
- Information from enquiries you have made
- Other communications between us
Our website does not store your credit card details.
If you fail to provide us with a minimum level of information (usually marked with an asterisk and generally, an email address), we may not be able to respond to you.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your information to provide our service to you. We also use it to improve our service and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in. Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide and administer our goods and services, including verifying your identify; contacting you about your orders, bookings and other arrangements; processing payments; training our staff; testing our systems;
- To distribute our newsletters and other communications;
- For customer support, including resolving and providing assistance for mishandled claims or responding to other enquiries or requests;
- To ensure the safety and security of all our customers, including investigating security issues;
- To conduct marketing activities for our products and services, and to conduct market and other research to improve our products, services and marketing activities;
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations.
When you email us personal information, or provide it to us through 'contact us' options provided through our website:
- We may record your email address and any other information submitted;
- We will use this information for the purpose for which you provide it; and
- We may add you to our internal mailing list, to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in
- You can contact us at any time if you do not wish to receive further correspondence from us.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not provide your information to third parties, except that we may share your information with our interrelated organizations. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However we are not liable for any unauthorized access to this information.
We may disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, including to various law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments around the world and their service providers for security, customs and immigration purposes.
This website and associated websites may store cookies on your web browser.
The main reasons we store cookies are to:
- Improve your website browsing experience. For example, to remember your search criteria so you don't have to re-enter them to do multiple searches and to remember your site preferences for your next visit to the site;
- Gather statistics on site usage. For example, page views and drop off points so we can monitor site usage and make improvements to site usability; and
The following information may be supplied by your browser (for example Internet Explorer) and collected by us:
- The user's server address;
- The user's operating system (for example Windows, MAC);
- The user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov);
- The date and time of the visit to the site;
- The pages accessed and the documents downloaded;
- The previous site visited; and
- The type of browser used.
How We Hold Information and Keep it Secure
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you.
Any personal information that you submit to our web sites is securely stored and access is restricted to authorised Centre personnel only, ensuring that your personal information is protected and safeguarded.
Links to and from other Websites
Access & Correction of Information about You
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us using the details below. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
Our Contact Details
You can contact us by completing the form located at:
English : https://www.nantien.org.au/en/contact
Chinese : https://nantien.org.au/cn/content/聯繫我們
or by writing to:
Nan Tien Temple, 180 Berkeley Road
Berkeley NSW 2506 Australia
©Copyright 2020 Fo Guang Shan Nan Tien Temple, Australia, All rights are reserved.
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: +61 (2) 4272 0600 Fax: +61 (2) 4272 0601
Address: 180 Berkeley Road, Berkeley, NSW 2506 Mail: PO Box 1336, Unanderra, NSW 2526