About Special Religious Education
General religious education is education about the world’s major religions, what people believe and how that belief affects their lives. It is taught mainly through the school curriculum.
Rationale for Nan Tien Temple SRE
The whole Buddhist system is to utilize human intelligence in a maximum way. Through that we transform our emotion so we can live life with optimistic outlook and altruistic actions.
Knowledge and Study is very important in Buddhism. In order to utilize human intelligence fully, we have to know how to use our knowledge. In order to utilize knowledge, we must know how our mind functions. Buddhism offers a comprehensive explanation on our mental system, and on how to work with our mind so we can reach our full human potential in terms of compassion and wisdom.
1. Bringing the latest research in Mindfulness teaching and learning into the classroom.
2. To encourage children to think, reflect, explore, act and create so they can see and experience for themselves some direct benefits of cultivating mindfulness every day.
3. To help create a culture of caring, compassionate and mature students through the Three Acts of Goodness education program - Do good deeds, Speak good words, Think good thoughts.
4. To explain the basic framework of Buddhism, in doing so, promote right understanding and practice of Buddhism.
5. To promote mutual understanding among cultures, ethnicities and religions in Australian society through the teachings of equality and coexistence.